On 18/06/2007, at 3:15 PM, Andreas Rozek wrote:

Could a wrong endianess be the reason for the reported misbehavi-
our?  Compilation and execution  take place on the same platform,
usually within the same program...

I tried your example on my PowerPC Mac, which I believe is big endian, and it still works. It also works on x86 which is little endian.

If you have a debugger I would put a breakpoint on OP_TEST in the virtual machine.

* Does it get executed?

* If it is executed, does it get the right arguments?

* If it gets the right arguments, does it do the right thing?

- Nick