>From my ANSI/C book it seems that return code is an int, and the
interpretation of his value is implementation defined with just two
values predefined EXIT_SUCCES and EXIT_FAILURE.
So ANSI/C also support at least 16bit exit code (least precision
allowed for int) but this can be more limited due to the implementation

Tom

--
Thomas Lavergne                       "Le vrai rêveur est celui qui rêve
                                       de l'impossible."  (Elsa Triolet)