Sam Roberts wrote:
I'm wondering if there are any code coverage tools people can suggest?

I suspect I could roll my own using the debug hooks, but perhaps its
been done already.

Lua Coverage Validator
http://www.softwareverify.com/lua/coverage/index.html

LCV User comments here:
http://www.softwareverify.com/testimonials.html

If you search this list you will find a posting by Rob Brown (several months ago), glowing about Lua Coverage Validator and Coverage Validator (the C/C++/Delphi version). That testimonial is also on the testimonials page.

Also available, a profiler, Lua Performance Validator.
In beta there is a flow tracer and a very sketchy memory allocation analyser.

Stephen
Disclaimer: I am involved with Software Verification.
(if you get this twice, sorry, my mistake, first posting was using my
 personal email address rather than my lua email address)