Here's a snippet of the relevant class declarations. The LUA script hooks
into a compiled EXE/library that does the class-level processing.
--
C++ class clsid {
	const obj_document = 70;

C++ class object {
	function item_in_slot(number) const;
};

--
Right now, code like this works fine:
	return my_object:item_in_slot(1) == 72

I'd like to be able to do something like:
	my_object:item_in_slot(1) == magically_get_value_of("obj_food")