I don't want to be rude or anything, but whatever you're doing, there's a better way!

Of course, if you're just killing time figuring out the limit, awesome.. :)

Bogdan Harjoc wrote:
Hi,

While writing a performance testing tool, I chose Lua to describe a set of tests that
run in parallel.

So far things are looking great, as far as both available cpu and memory usage are concerned: after increasing LUAI_MAXCSTACK, I've been testing with 300.000 concurrent and mostly idle threads, created with lua_newthread(). Memory usage
for these is about 350M, i.e. a little over 1KB per created thread.

After a glance at the lua_State definition, it looks like there a couple of members that could be left out but nothing that would noticeably reduce sizeof(lua_State).

Has anyone managed to create something on the order of 1,000,000 coroutines ? If so, any tips on what to leave out from lua_State (or other places) would be
appreciated.

Cheers!
Bogdan