On May 28, 2007 12:09 PM, PA wrote:

> Does anyone have an implementation of a trie [1] in Lua they would
> like to share?

A long time ago I wrote a binding to Austin [1] named LUSTI [2] that allowed
the programmer to experiment with various data structures used for
'lookups'. It had everything (BST, AVL, REDBLACK, SPLAY) but TRIE data
structure.

I remember it provided an inexact lookup function (lower bound, upper bound)
that returned a node that corresponded to the closest match. The details are
sketchy but I think I have used it in lieu of a proper trie structure.

-- Vijay

[1] http://users.footprints.net/~kaz/austin.html
[2] http://lua-users.org/wiki/VijayAswadhati