Jérôme Vuarand wrote:
The kind of DLL I craft are the lightest possible, and I don't see any
advantage in the two other alternatives. Tell me if I'm wrong (for the
sake of future users of these proxies).

Your solution is probably better than mine, but it's (currently)
"Visual Studio only". I, for example, don't have one. My solution
(though not optimal) works correctly and that is what matters for me.

I tried to find a simpler and more elegant solution for gcc/mingw but
with no success. If someone comes up with such a solution (there must
be one!), I will gladly use it (and remove mine from the wiki).

--
Shmuel