On 20 May 2007, at 00:12, Tim Hunter wrote:

Has Lua been used in applications running on IBM's z/OS operating system? Are there likely to be any issues around have EBCDIC as the native character encoding?

Whilst I haven't done it, and no-one else on the list seems to be piping up either, it should be fine.

Neither the Lua language nor the standard libraries deliberately assume any ASCIIness. Obviously there could be accidental ASCII dependencies because it's hard to be sure of running in a non-ASCII world until you try it.

I recommend you give it a go.  I expect you'll be okay.

drj