At Fri, 18 May 2007 14:44:30 -0700 Sam Roberts wrote:
>Have you seen these two utilities for precompiling and
>preloading? I find them quite nice to use, maybe they
>are close to what you want:
>	http://loop.luaforge.net/install.html

Sam, that looks like exactly the sort of thing that bin2c aspires
to become in the context of the 5.1 package model. I will play
with them a bit and see if they provide a better fit to my build
process, but a quick skim of the page looks quite promising.

(By the way, the signal to noise ratio on this list is astounding!)