In message <464DAA6A.5020104@hempeldesigngroup.com> you wrote:

> Luís Santos wrote:

> > I am facing some problems with the default numeric type of the lua and
> > that brought back to me an old question: why only one numeric type?
> > Is there any severe concerns about adding support for integer
> > operations? Is it intended to be done using the userdata structure?
>
> I am working on this problem in pbLua
> I felt that the ARM7 (no FPP) would be crippled by having to do all the
> math using doubles.

Ralph might be interested in looking at the sources for RiscLua, where
arithmetic modulo 2^32 and bitwise operations are needed for system calls.
The CPU (various ARMs) generally have no fp. Doubles are implemented with
userdata.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/