Hi,

This won't work.  The registry is shared between the main state and all child states created within it.

On Apr 29, 2007, at 11:19 PM, Shmuel Zeigerman wrote:

Graham Wakefield wrote:
Another thought - is it possible to get some kind of callback from a lua_State when it is collected?  This would allow me to free C resources attached to it and prevent my memory leak.  Something like a __gc method for states created via lua_newthread.

Yes - create a userdata with a __gc metamethod, then put it
(the userdata) into the lua_State's registry under some unique
key (e.g., the userdata itself).

--
Shmuel

grrr waaa