I think it is so libraries can be compatible with other versions of
Lua than the version was written for, requiring only a recompile.

On 5/9/07, Matt Campbell <mattcampbell@pobox.com> wrote:
I recently discovered the Lua Lanes package at LuaForge.  I downloaded
it and noticed that it uses a C library called GluaX.  Does GluaX have
an official home page, or is it mainly used by Asko Kauppi in his own
projects, such as Lua Lanes?  Also, what was the motivation for writing
GluaX?  I don't find the Lua C API itself that difficult to work with.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Anders