Hi,

> Sure, you can do it with extra wrapper layers in Lua.  Is there some
> reason for not doing it directly in C?

On 5/7/07, Diego Nehab <diego@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

Simplicity, I guess. The alternative would be to support
both. Since it seemed easy to do it in Lua, I didn't
implement it in C. Some time ago, the implementation of
socket.select was mostly in Lua. When I updated it to C, I
feel the need to change the interface.

My patch replaces 8 lines of C code with 2 lines of C code. So my
patch seems to me to be 6 lines simpler than the current
implementation, plus my patch works with both arrays and associative
tables.

-mpb