It's funny how I never saw lua_next in all my readings of the
reference manual :)  Thank you very much for this concise solution.

  Ken

On 4/30/07, trepan <trepan@rogers.com> wrote:
const int table = // a positive lua index
for (lua_pushnil(L); lua_next(L, table) != 0; lua_pop(L, 1)) {
  if (lua_isstring(L, -2)) { // key
    if (lua_isstring(L, -1)) { // value
      myMap[lua_tostring(L, -2)] = lua_tostring(L, -1);
    }
  }
}

--
If you're any good at what you do, it'll make you miserable.