Hi,

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> That was the idea, yes. lua_Debug was meant to be extensible.

Well, I thought so, too. But my experiment to extend it with some
internal fields failed miserably. The struct is allocated by
users of the Lua debug API (e.g. ldblib.c, usually on the stack).
They need to know the exact size, including any internal fields.

Adding fields to lua_Debug will break all modules using the Lua
debug API. Recompilation is required and the effects of not doing
so are rather subtle. I.e. this can't be done in the Lua 5.1.x
branch.

Bye,
     Mike