On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 07:02:48PM -0400, Brian Weed wrote:
> Reading further, it seems as though my problem would be solved if I
> could store the lua table as a weak value in the registry...is that
> possible?

Yes, though not literally in the registry, as far as I know.

You shouldn't take an existing table and change its "weakness", but you
can have your own application specific table with weak values, and put
that table in the registry.

> I will also look at userdata environments.

They are great, its really useful to be able to attach an arbitrary
table to a userdata.

Sam