On 4/15/07, Peter Odding <xolox@home.nl> wrote:
Hi all! I'm (still) working on binding APR. Currently busy with pipes, which
seem to be backwards compatible with files but not the other way around:

  * pipes have a timeout which needs two methods (timeout_get/timeout_set)
  * I need to make sure I'm dealing with a pipe (instead of a file) when using
them as stdin/stdout/stderr for processes

You might want to take a look at how liolib.c deals with io.popen'ed
files vs. io.open'ed files.  You'll want to use this especially if you
want pipes and files to be used interchangeably.

    -Mark