Hi,

Rob Kendrick wrote:
> I tried building it with TenDRA, and it produces this:
>
> "luaconf.h", line 391: Error:
>   [ISO 6.8.1]: Can't have target dependent '#if' at outer level.

TenDRA's main claim is that it compiles to a common
target-independent intermediate code representation which can be
'installed' (back-end compiled) on different platforms.

But Lua needs to compile to very different, target-dependent code
for 16, 32 and 64 bit platforms.

> I'm not entirely sure what its problem is here.  Removing that whole
> section and replacing it with #define LUA_BITSINT 32 appeases it, and an
> otherwise extremely pedantic compiler is silently content building Lua
> 5.1.2.

I guess that's the proper solution for TenDRA. If you want to
support non-32 bit targets, you'll need to generate/distribute
different intermediate code.

Bye,
     Mike