Hello everyone!

Okay, I am making a Lua port of a C++ program. Don't ask me why though, if I tell you you will steal my idea. ;-)

Said C++ program does what I know is a bad practice; writing structs to binary files.

Well, how would I read this file in Lua? Just read each individual variable in the order that they appear on the struct definition?

Back when I was attempting C++, I remember that it wrote some extra data, like 2 bytes. Do I skip 2 bytes before doing the above?

Help, please. Thanks in advance!

PS: If this is a double-post, please excuse it as I was having connection problems the first time.