Hallo,

On 3/15/07, Brian Hagerty <Brian.Hagerty@lilypadnetworks.com> wrote:

That parameter/argument syntax is just a leftover mindset from
traditional function-oriented languages.  We tend to think the
only way to transmit information is via the function
*arguments*.  Not that we get rid of that, because we still need
it for "proper" parameters/arguments -- but we don't need it for
"hidden" parameters or "translated" arguments.

    It's amusing that you call "that parameter/argument syntax" a
"leftover mindset" of "traditional function-oriented languages". So OO
must have won, then. Should I stop programming in Haskell now and
learn Java?

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/