--- Brian Hagerty <Brian.Hagerty@LilypadNetworks.com>
wrote:
> Instead, the mere use of "self" in a function body
> would refer
> to the self/caller already found in the call frame,
> not to an
> argument in the stack of arguments.

That again make "self" special. But I continue to
maintain that "self" is not special in lua. Only in
the colon notation, it is choosen as such. It is a bit
like the following in C:

#define oo_me(f) f(void *self)

oo_me(f)
{
my_object *me = self;

}

So would you need to change the C compiler to cater
for "self" ? Again, it can be call foo/bar etc.