--- Tomas Guisasola Gorham <tomas@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
wrote:

> 	Hi Gary
>
> > On the dreamhost setup, I have to either name the
> > launcher as launcher.fcgi(anything with the fcgi
> > extension) or put it in a say cgi-bin directory.
> > Either case, by the time it is called, the
> > SCRIPT_NAME/SCRIPT_FILENAME would be set to
> > launcher.fcgi and not the real script which would
> be
> > doing the interesting job.
> >
> > In other words, the launcher(provided in kepler)
> don't
> > know what script to run as it see itself as the
> script
> > name.
> 	I think I told this before :-)
> 	Let's put the cgi launcher in the cgi-bin
> directory.
> Now let's put a file called "test.lua" in your web
> root
> directory (htdocs, for instance).  The "test.lua"
> file should
> be something like:
>
> cgilua.htmlheader()
> cgilua.put"Hello World!"
>
> 	Now try the URL:
>
> http://your.server/cgi-bin/cgi/test.lua
>
> 	I think this should work.  Apache will notice that
> the URL refers to a script by reading the following
> part of
> the URL:
>
> http://your.server/cgi-bin/cgi
>
> 	The launcher should be called and it will parse the
> rest of the string (/test.lua) to know what to do:
> run the
> named script.  The cgi launcher will call CGILua,
> which
> expects this format of URL and it will fail
> otherwise.

This is what I got :

The requested URL /cgi-bin/cgi/abc.lua was not found
on this server.

> 	With FastCGI the configuration is a little bit
> different
> but it follows the same structure: the FastCGI
> Apache module
> must call the fastcgi launcher which will call
> CGILua to parse
> the rest of the URL to find what script to execute.

The point is, the dreamhost setup seems to expect the
URL as a fastcgi application by itself and don't have
the concept of "launcher". For it, the URL is the end
thing, It would not search for a launcher to handle
that URL.

My solution end up with modifying the
sapi.fastcgi.request.lua and reconstruct the
"SCRIPT_NAME" as expected by cgilua and use
mod_rewrite to load the lua launcher(not the C
compiled executable, just fastcgi.lua).

BTW, what is the advantage of embedding
fastcgi.lua/cgi.lua into a C and turn it into an EXE ?
Is it mainly for Windows

BTW2, I found a bug in cgilua.lua in the pcall()
function for its use of (...), which was mentioned a
day or two ago on this thread. Already file a bug
tracker on forge.