Enrico Colombini wrote:
Leigh McRae wrote:
TOLUA_API void tolua_pushusertype (lua_State* L, void* value, const char* type)

Class Foo;

Foo*    pFoo = new Foo();

tolua_pushusertype( L,  pFoo, "Foo" );

 Off hand I can't remeber how to determine ownership of pFoo.

Thanks. Ownership detection should not be a problem in my case.
(looks like I'll probably have to design a lighter interface for performance reasons, though).

Just wondering... Isn't there a way of specifying the data type without using a string lookup? Something like this:

tolua_pushusertype(L, pFoo, tolua_type_Foo);

Where tolua_type_Foo is a special type structure defined somewhere by tolua? This will save a possibly heavy (hash)map lookup for compile-time known types.

Cheers,
Andrea.