Dear All,

This may be a clueless beginner's question, as I just read
the docs, downloaded the 5.1.1 tarball and compiled the
standalone lua for a test:

It crashes with NULL pointer access in the function

static void stack_init (lua_State *L1, lua_State *L)

My debuggers shows, that the line
 setnilvalue(L1->top++);  /* `function' entry for this `ci' */

sets L1 itself to NULL, so that consequently the next line
crashes.

I'm compiling with the OpenWatcom compiler under Win32
and I assume that it is a compiler specific problem, without
having any clue why.

Best regards,
Peter