You forgot:

e) Needs more memory to start than is available
f) 623Kg of irrelevant documentation
g) requires 2-3 years of expensive training programs to be
an "accredited" Lua user/programmer
h) each new version must be half the speed of the previous version
i) the install must be large enough to fill at least one DVD

A codeword for  the next release also helps. Maybe something like
"Hereford" or "Trumpeter".

db

On 3/9/07, Kein-Hong Man <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> Mark Hamburg wrote:
>> http://rc3.org/2007/03/is_lua_the_next.php
>
> Seen in the comments of the above post:
> ZHlog - Lua - the silent new web 2.0 player?
> <http://d.hatena.ne.jp/zhesto/20060328/1143530796>
>
> "For me Lua seems pretty much ready for web 2.0 applications development"

Nah, Lua is missing a few more things:
(a) a P.T. Barnum showman (a focal-point "evangelist" personality)
(b) a sizable gaggle of loud (and I mean *loud*) cheerleaders (to
push Lua as the next big thing since "sliced bread")
(c) a Rolodex full of contact to media and major blogs, for the
use of (a) and (b)
(d) a collection of terminology that can be made "fashionable",
e.g. XP (Extreme Programming), Agile Programming

etc. :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)