Hi Greg,

I would be interested in discussing a common API for Lua.
I looked into the E4X specification and I think it is horrendous that they have mixed E4X into the _javascript_ language. This is obviously not a choice for Lua so one must find the best possible match for making a standard Lua API that can perform similar operations.

I am no friend of XML, but I presume XML is here to stay so we must deal with it the best we can.
We are looking at providing a Lua API to our own home grown XML parser for the Barracuda Embedded Web Server.

-Wilfred

All,

Anybody out these done any work to look at supporting XML in lua with a more native feel to it like E4X?

Not looking for an XML parser (I know there are plenty of those) but something to give lua that E4X feel when manipulating XML.

Greg.