From: Andy Stark <AStark@blackpoolsixth.ac.uk>
To: Lua list <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Friday, March 2, 2007 6:17:52 AM
Subject: Re: Interest in Lua Web Plug-in?

I'm afraid you hit the nail on the
head in the first paragraph: Tamarin is probably the next ten years
whether we like it or not.

However, I think there is an opportunity for a similar type of product
that doesn't compete head-on with Flash. How about an animation player
that is based around bitmap images and effects instead of vector graphics
and 3D? I know Flash can import bitmaps and scale, rotate, fade, etc, but
I am thinking about something more like Apple's Motion tool that can do
realtime blurring, distortion and colour effects too. It would lend itself
well to scripting and interactivity, wouldn't depend as heavily on a good
editor (because people would rather use Photoshop, Gimp, etc, to create
the original images anyway) and there isn't a dominant browser plug-in for
this type of content.

Also, think about a tool to turn the animation into a movie - very useful
for YouTube users to create motion graphics for their videos.

Just an idea...

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.