Don't do it, too much work.. :)

LuaX has done what you want for years, including PocketPC and NetBSD as target platforms. http://luaforge.net/projects/luax/

Good news is, latest module is usable with stock Lua as well.

Bad news is, I haven't publicized that, due to lack of multiplatform testing etc. (build system things). Anyways, as it truly runs with an unmodified lua.exe, I'd recommend you to contact me and use it. LuaSDL as far as I know is a modified Lua engine, customized to run SDL programs. So is LuaX.

-asko