Hi,

I want to implement some file buffering system which
can range from say 32K to 512K and the read/write
pattern is typical like write(f, offset, size) where
the size is usually 4k to 16k, or may be even smaller.

It seems that keeps on re-constructing the string
would be very in-efficient, so is using a table to
store individual char(as string or number).

I want to just write a simple C function which takes
the passed in "lua string" and use memcpy to overwrite
the desired range.

Is this doable or are their any concern ?

thanks and regards,

gary

Never Miss an Email