Hi,

I am wondering if there is a simple way to do this,
that is popen("wc") then write things out to it and
read back the result.

The documentation seems to suggested that I can only
do it one way, not round trip.

The reason I ask is that there are lots of nice
utilities program in this form(and I can write lots of
lua script in this form too) which can simplify many
things without specific library bindings.

It may have some penalty on speed/memory but I would
trade that if I can get things done faster(in
development time sense).

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.