The async mode of twisted solved this problem.  Many data base servers use this approach too.  Multiple process are very expensive, CGI is based on this principle and most web servers went away from this technique many years ago.  Suggest linux threads if you do not want to deal with async processes.  That way process creation overhead is not a problem.

On 2/15/07, gary ng <garyng2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Glenn Edgar Admin <glenn-edgar@onyxengr.com>
wrote:

>Suggest a lua frame work like the python twisted
>environment be set up.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Initially, I want to make it a coroutine based
system(may be copas). But I run into a problem which I
don't know how to solve(thus the multi-process
approach). I am writing a relay service which needs
lazy write on the receiving end(return to the client
as "done" asap) then on the real send/retreive end
doing the real work which can take quite some time.
And the HTTP server in question don't support stream
mode. I don't want any of these worker thread stalled
the whole thing till it is done.

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com