Bret Victor wrote:
[...]
> Sure enough, in his talks, Guy Steele says
> something like, "Because C++ was limited to ASCII, it had to
> do nonsensical operator overloading, such as using << for I/O.
> But because we have all of Unicode available to us, we can
> define more meaningful operators.  We can define an I/O operator
> with the Unicode symbol for a little picture of a printer."

No, that's not line noise. That's an implementation of Conway's Game Of Life
in one line of APL. I have yet to find any computer which can render all the
symbols.

(You can find a rendered version here: http://catpad.net/michael/apl/)

--
┌── dg@cowlark.com ─── http://www.cowlark.com ───────────────────
│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my