Grellier, Thierry wrote:
> Personally I would much prefer trading hypothetical speed loss against
> bug risks... Because this bug really frightens me. It is very easy
> building large configuration, but hard to notice that some numbers are
> totally wrong.

My preferences lie with those of Thierry. Lua is simple, and the few
times that I run into problems with it are when it tries to create
short-cuts (like automatic tonumber()), or when it has exceptions to
rules that I expect to be global (like the old lack of metatables for
strings).

I work in the embedded arena, too, so I can sympathize with Ralph
Hempel's gripe about RAM. The issue definitely comes up. But I'd still
prefer the benefits of a simpler code base to those of constant folding.

Then again, when I look at the code in lcode.c, I think, "What could
possibly go wrong?" :)

Doug

--
Innovative Concepts, Inc. www.innocon.com 703-893-2007 x220