On 7-Feb-07, at 9:04 PM, Will Leshner wrote:

When building Lua with Xcode, I find I am getting this link warning:

objects/loslib.o: In fucntion `os_tmpname':../Lua/loslib.c:63 warning
the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

This is with Xcode 2.3, which uses some flavor of GCC 4.0, I believe.
Would it make sense for the Lua source to switch over to using
mkstemp?

Thanks.

I suppose you're not using the Makefile from the distro. You should take a look at luaconf.h, and adjust it as necessary, or take a glance at src/Makefile to see what -D defines would be included in a standard Mac OS X build.