Hi Sam,

On Feb 01, 2007, at 20:52, Sam Roberts wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you want to know, but I'm pretty sure I
couldn't answer the question in a short email :-) Are you going to
implement a server?

Yes. Doing a bit of refactoring by adding different flavor of filtering to it:

http://dev.alt.textdrive.com/browser/LW

You have read RFC2616, right?

Yes... but I'm still not 100% clear about somewhat basic things like do you gzip a response first and then compute it's etag or the other way around... when requesting a range, does that apply to the encoded content or not... how does a conditional requests fits with a range request, etc...

At a more practically level, I have a small set of filters (ConnectionFilter, GZIPFilter, ETagFilter, ConditionalFilter, RangeFilter, MD5Filter, LogFilter) and I would like to make sure they are ordered properly :)

Cheers,

PA.