manel <lista@fisi10.ciencias.uniovi.es> wrote/schrieb <Pine.LNX.4.62.0701291142030.18629@fisi10.ciencias.uniovi.es>:

> There is no simple way of copying a table in the most general case
> (because tables can self-reference). A simple one (which does not
> treat well self-references) is:
> [...]
> But you could take a look at http://lua-users.org/wiki/CopyTable,
> much better.

Thank you, Manel!

Is there a standard library, where code like that belongs to? (I think
it's Ok, that it isn't part of the *language* itself, so the language
keeps being tiny.) What a pitty, if not: then every developer performs
the same tasks in a different way and no glue code can be easily
exchanged/shared among developers. Just: take it all or nothing.

Regards
  Thomas