As most have already noticed, LuaForge has been under a lot of pressure recently and the site gets almost unusable when overloaded.

Apparently someone is using some bot or script to download files from LuaForge and the script is not behaving nicely.

We are trying to work out something to make this less of a burden, but still found no good solution.

Meanwhile, assuming the script is not intended to slow down LuaForge and the creator is reading this, I'd ask the responsible to not use it like this. LuaForge was not planned for such a flood and everyone else is being denied of its services.

If someone has suggestion or hints about what may be happening or how to deal with such issues please contact me.

Thanks in advance,

André Carregal

PS. A side-effect of all this is that the module ranking has been severely disturbed. Not that this is critical, but may be an issue for some module creators.