On 25-Jan-07, at 6:19 PM, David Burgess wrote:

Rici Lake wrote:
<snip>
Experiments in C have convinced me that setjmp/longjmp exception
handling is quite reasonable, and often outperforms c++ exceptions.
</snip>

On which OS and which compiler?

Well, not windows. I've tried it with various versions of gcc
on linux and freebsd, and to some limited extent on mac os x,
where it performs less well.

I agree, there are limitations, particularly with respect to
destructors. Of course, C doesn't have destructors at all,
and I tend to use Lua itself to manage memory resources,
at least.