On this day of 01/24/2007 09:41 AM, Adam D. Moss saw fit to scribe:
> Philippe Lhoste wrote:
>> We recently speculated on the possibility of writing a Lua interpreter
>> in pure Java (for better portability).
>
> An interesting project, but does Java seriously have 'better
> portability' than ANSI C?

Not sure about portability in the sense that Java will work where ANSI C
won't, but it'd definitely be more convenient than having to recompile
the Java-to-Native interfaces on every different architecture and having
to distribute all kinds of non-Java code/binaries with your application.

Kepler team: Thanks so much for this new version; I've been looking
forward to it for a while!

Cheers,
- David

--