Peter Odding wrote:
Lua doesn't support references to scalar values (numbers and strings). One way to emulate them is to wrap your values in tables, which are always of reference type. This topic has been discussed a few times before, see for example http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2006-12/msg00370.html, References (as in Perl).