Hi list,

at keplerproject we have working at LuaEclipse IDE. We will release a final version ( as a kepler project) next monday. This version is for lua 5.0, but as soon as Luajava 1.1 for (Lua 5.1) get ready (already have a snapshot version for testing) we will release a LE for Lua 5.1 version.

LuaEclipse is a Eclipse platform plugin. You can install the preview from the update-site at http://luaeclipse.luaforge.net/update-site/ (check de documentation below for more instalation details)

We are revising the documentation, but you can check it out at http://luaeclipse.luaforge.net/ (at English and Portuguese)

With LuaEclipse you can edit Lua code with highlight, a basic code completion, code fold, check for syntax erros, configure runners with diferents interpreters and environment and all other features that the eclipse platform provide.

This version is for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX . The Eclipse Platform version required is 3.2.*.

We are a little bit late with this release because we needed to review sobre architetural issues. So, any feedback is appreciated, here in this list or at kepler discussion list (http://luaforge.net/mail/?group_id=104)

We have big plans for this IDE and after the release, the roadmap wil be published.

Regards,
Guilherme

David Given wrote:
Jose Marin wrote:
I've heard that there is an IDE for Lua, with project support, compiling, variable inspection, etc.

I know someone was working on an Eclipse plugin, but I don't know where it got to.

(I use Eclipse often enough that a simple Lua syntax-highlighting editor would
be invaluable.)