On 1/8/07, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
I guess Mike already answered this. Just for emphasis: (1) I am not
worried about winning benchmarks (at least for now); now what I need

I wasn't worried about benchmarks either.  I was just wondering if it
was going to be able to handle large grammers with reasonable
performance.  From what I can tell I don't think it's going to be a
problem.

For example, I would like to see how an ANSI C parser would perform (C
compiler written in Lua anyone?).

Have you seen re.lua?

Thanks I missed that.  I had just extracted the lpeg.c and compiled
that.  I should have looked closer.  :)

CR