Natanael Copa wrote:
* We could borrow a part of the apr API (just strip of the apr_ prefix).
Reimplementing something already working and tested is much easier than
re-engineer from scratch.
I am not sure the apr license allows this. It is LGPL, no?

* There is no need to stress with implementing both Linux and Windows
from the start. Windows is such a big platform so if we just get the API
there and an initial Linux version, somebody will port it to windows.
Just make sure the API makes it possible (avoid things like fork and
posix specific things)
Yes, the API is all important. But I would vote for developing the two
concurrently.