On 1/6/07, Mike Pall <mikelu-0701@mike.de> wrote:
I cannot confirm this. I've translated the regex-dna benchmark to
PEGs and compared it with the existing Lua, C, Perl and Tcl
programs (Tcl was chosen because it wins on this particular
benchmark). Here's a performance comparison for N=500000,
normalized to the timing for regexdna.lua:

That looks positive.  Benchmarks are so hard to do correctly.  My
tests were very limited and obviously my LPeg understanding is basic.
In my tests LPeg could be slower just because of the way I'm using it
or Perl could be cheating due to the way I wrote the test.  I wasn't
saying this is a huge issue, I was really just wondering about future
performance as I would like to construct fairly large grammers some
day.

CR