Hello,

I am trying to use Luiz's lalarm library in my project.

I need to perform certain tasks at certain intervals and this seems to be the only option I can find in Lua.

I am using Lua 5.1.1 compiled from source on an Ubuntu Edgy i386 install.

I did the following with these results.

jimmie@squirrel:~/lua/alarm$ make
/usr/local/bin/lua -lalarm test.lua
./
/usr/local/bin/lua: ./alarm.lua:8: attempt to call global 'loadlib' (a nil value)

The ./ is because I added a line to print(SOPATH) so that I could see what was happening.

I am still learning Lua and don't know how to proceed.

Help getting lalarm working or any good suggestions on delaying function calls for a specified period of time would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jimmie