What exactly is your end goal on this, that is _why_ do you need to separate them?

Token filtering won't help, since numbers have already been tokenized prior to coming to the filter. So you'll get "<number>"+X or "<string>"+Y or "for" and other tokens.

If you require different behaviour, you'll probably need to do a dbl () function (s.a. dbl(255)) that would wrap the number into a userdata. I'd hate to do such in my code!

But let's hear, what is your actual problem? :)

-asko