On 1-Jan-07, at 6:05 PM, Tom Bates wrote:

The problem I was experiencing was 100% due to a bug in our realloc function. Now that that is cleared up, I am able to compile scripts under Visual Studio 6 on an Intel PC (low-endian) and run them unmodified on the prototype hardware using a 68331 (high-endian). There have been no apparent endianness issues (so far). Perhaps the 5.0.2 lundump is already using that LHF code?

5.0.2 does byte-swapping; it was removed from 5.1, although it's easy enough to add back in.

By increasing the stack space, I was able to get the parser working as well. I have now split out the parsing code thanks to a tech note on lua.org (although it was for version 4.0) and made the code into libraries that allow me to build either barebones (no parser; compiled scripts only), scripting (with parser), and full-blown (with interpreter).