On 12/31/06, Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net> wrote:

His problem was, that readline is not available on his CentOS4 Linux
by default (I wonder why...)

Maybe worth a note by the Lua authors somewhere, then again any
person using an esoteric Linux variant should be knowledgable to take
the burden then, too. Or else go ubuntu... :)

-asko

Peter Odding kirjoitti 31.12.2006 kello 0.41:

>> if i use make linux, it failed with something like missing files...
>> but if i use make generic, it work.
>> is it normal?
>
> I'm only guessing because you didn't include the error message
> (hint), but this might have to do with different (default) include
> paths? You can also try running "make echo" and comparing outputs.

hi all,

problem solved by

yum install readline-devel

thanks.