About a blessed module, there is ex
http://lua-users.org/wiki/ExtensionProposal

Actually, it is still beta ... and it's not easy to compile it.
Maybe it would be great to make a clean package of it and determine
some others libraries that should be blessed. For example luaSocket
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~diego/professional/luasocket/ and modules
from the kepler Project http://www.keplerproject.org/, maybe
lua-sqlite3 http://luaforge.net/projects/lua-sqlite3/ and maybe also
some modern cross platform GUI (I see wx which use a modified version
of lua :(, gtk which is not yet ready for Mac OS and QT which is GPL)

Does anyone think of others modules that should be integrated ?

I think (for POSIX) it would be enough to create a package of those
modules and provide a way to easily compile all of them directly and
install them.
Maybe for Windows, binaries are better.

Mildred
--