Rici Lake wrote:

On 26-Dec-06, at 8:58 PM, Tom Bates wrote:

OK, here's my first contribution to a porting guide.
When porting to a limited resource environment, such as an embedded hardware platform, here’s something to watch out for.

<snipped excellent description of tunable parameters for function state>

On the whole, I'd say your best bet is to use 5.1.1, though.

Thanks Rici, this confirms my guess that 5.1.1 is a better
starting point, and also gives me a reason to look at what
else might be tunable :-)

Cheers, Ralph